Auto Addiction

Germany's Worst Flooding in Decades: Nürburgring Racetrack transforms into Rescue Center

페이지 정보

작성자 관리자 (66.♡.65.5) 댓글 0건 조회 21회 작성일 21-07-20 07:46

본문

By now most of you probably heard about or have seen the terrible floodings that happened last week at the Eifel region. If you haven't, here's a short short recap:

Last week a huge rainstorm hit a big part of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. The amount of rain that fell in such a short time, was record breaking (about 150mm in one hour).
This enormous downpour caused severe floodings, as the (normally quite small) rivers couldn't handle the amount of water. For many villages in the Eifel region (as close to a few km from the Ring) this resulted in an even worse situation (the surrounding mountains act like a funnel for the water). As a result, entire streets & houses have been washed away. Over a hundred people lost their lives, many are injured and many are still missing. Not even mentioning the amount of people that lost their homes, friends or family members, and all of their belongings.

Now that the water is gone and flooding is over, the difficult task of cleaning up and rebuilding will take place.
It is heartwarming to see how many people and companies are working together on this!
If you follow some of the social media (for example @Nürburgring ) you'll see that the Nürburgring has been transformed into a massive rescue operating headquarter, were people donated all kinds of supplies, and rescue workers from all over Germany (and even further!) have gathered to help the people in need.

At this point you might wonder why we (Auto Addiction) haven't posted anything about this earlier.
I noticed that other Nürburgring related channels have made one or more videos about the floodings, some of them doing a great job for the community (Misha for example). Unfortunately since I live about 185km away from the Nürburgring, for me it wasn't an option to drive to the Nürburgring area or the villages that got hit hard.
Beside the fact that some of the main roads were closed due to flooding, we had our own problems;
On thursday evening last week, our own village was urgently evacuated because the Meuse (or in Dutch Maas) was about to flow over the dikes. Our home lies 2 meters below the top of the dike so if the level of the Meuse would flow over the dikes, the entire street could have been washed away. My highest priority was to get my 1yo daughter and my wife to safety. Luckily the level of the Meuse stopped rising when it was only 50cm from overflowing. Unlike many others in Germany, Belgium & the Netherlands, we got lucky...

We have donated some money to the address below for the people in the Eifel, as well as Giro 777 for the Dutch people in my area who have not been lucky. Revenue from this video will be donated also.

Monetary Donation account of Region of Ahrweiler:
IBAN: DE 86577513100000339457
BIC: MALADE51AHR

Central emergency website for the District of Adenau / Nürburgring: https://hochwasseradenau.de/

Please note that we only used videos and photos of news sites and social media to not cause a nuisance on the local streets just to take some photo's and/or videos.
We ask you to do the same,  give the people and workers the space they need.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 826건 28 페이지
게시물 검색

모바일 버전으로 보기